We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Scarpa Instinct VSR Climbing Shoe and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 70
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The heel forms to your foot to create a snug and secure fit.
- Provides plenty of sensitivity for holds, giving you a feel of the rock you are putting your foot on.
- The break-in period is fast for almost immediate comfort out of the box.
- Balances stiffness and flexibility for a high-performance and comfortable shoe.
- Works well for gripping rubber and having traction in differing terrain.
- Performs very well on overhanging routes due to the rubber and the shoe shape.
- The soft rubber provides confidence on slippery or wet terrain for strong holds.
- Works especially well for heel and toe-hooking due to the rubber and construction of the shoe.
- Features strong pull-on tabs that make it easy and fast to take your shoes on and off.
- Provides ample performance capabilities for climbing edgy slabs or routes with tiny foot holds.
- The Velcro strap dial lets you cinch down and customize your fit.
- The rubber is very durable for long-term use over multiple seasons.
- The single Velcro strap makes it easy and fast to adjust your shoes.
- Features a split sole which provides greater foot flexibility and ample mobility while climbing.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- You might need to try-on before purchasing to get the correct size.
- The bigger toe box might be too spacious for those with narrower feet.
- The shoe material might be too hard for some users who prefer comfort over performance.
The Scarpa Instinct VSR Climbing Shoe is a durable, comfortable, and versatile shoe that works well for heel and toe hooking. After you try-on the shoe to get the correct size, the Scarpa Instinct will provide a snug and secure feel, plenty of ankle and foot mobility, and long-lasting performance benefits.