We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Therm-a-Rest ProLite Plus Sleeping Pad and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 349
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very comfortable for sleeping through the night.
- Versatile for use in hot and cold-weather climates, making this a 3 or 4-season pad.
- Keeps you warm and comfortable in negative temperatures, providing plenty of weather protection.
- The ease-of-setup makes this pad usable for both beginners and advanced campers.
- Folds down fairly small for fitting in a bigger backpacking-bag.
- Easy and fast to inflate for added user efficiency.
- Warm for keeping you comfortable in a wide range of weather conditions.
- Comfortable for lounging and sleeping, providing a good night’s sleep.
- The surface is non-slip, meaning you don’t have to worry about falling off while sleeping.
- Conforms to the shape of the user to prevent you from rolling around during the night and keeping you comfortable.
- This version provides more warmth and durability than the original Prolite, providing extra compatibility for cold-weather use.
- Provides a great value for the price you pay.
- Reliable and durable for long-lasting use over multiple seasons.
- Versatile enough to use for backpacking and car camping.
- The R-value, or warmth value, is quite high for the weight and price of the pad, providing a great deal that will work in a variety of weather conditions.
- The self-inflation makes it easier and quicker to use on-the-go.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Does not pack down very small when compared to other choices on the market.
- Some reports of a lack of durability, meaning this pad may not last multiple seasons on tough terrain.
- Heavier than other options on the market, making it not the best choice for long-distance treks.
- Bulkier than other sleeping pad choices, making it not ideal for stuffing into a small backpack.
- The R-Value is good for the price, but might not be high enough for consistently-cold, alpine conditions.
- Not the best choice for ultralight backpackers who want to save on weight and space.
The Therm-a-Rest ProLite Plus Sleeping Pad is a versatile, high-quality, and affordable option that works well for backpackers, hikers, and car campers. Although this pad might not be the highest option for thru-hikes or long-distance treks, it provides plenty of comfort, warmth, and durability for 3 or 4-season use in tough conditions.