We’ve read the reviews across the web for the AKU Utah Top GTX Backpacking Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 12
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Uses high-quality materials and construction for long-lasting use.
- Stiff and stable for carrying heavy loads over long distances.
- Provides excellent traction in wet conditions and on slippery trails.
- Features a full rand for extra protection against exterior terrain.
- The shank is tough, but provides flexibility to conform to your foot shape.
- After you break the boots in, they are comfortable for all-day use.
- Provides ample warmth to keep your feet comfortable during cold temperatures.
- Very supportive for carrying heavy loads during long-distance hikes.
- The Vibram sole is extremely grippy on a variety of terrain.
- Comfortable to wear for all-day use on long through-hikes.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Takes a while to break-in, so you will not have immediate comfort while wearing these boots.
- The soft Vibram soles can wear down quicker than harder options.
- The break-in time is longer than other boots, reducing the immediate comfort.
- Heavier than other boots, so it might not be the best choice for those who like agile and light trail shoes.
The AKU Utah Top GTX Backpacking Boot for men is a comfortable, supportive, and high-grip option that works well for keeping your feet stable, comfortable, and warm during long-distance hikes. Once you get through the break-in period, you will enjoy the stiffness that can make it easy to carry heavy loads over many miles.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.