We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Big Agnes Three Forks Shelter and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 35
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Durable for long-lasting use over multiple seasons.
- Very easy to set up, adding to the efficiency and beginner compatibility of this shelter.
- Lightweight for carrying to your camping spot.
- The included pouch increases the packability when bringing on beach or camping days.
- The straps between the legs and the tie-down lines provide stability and security.
- Weatherproof to keep rain and wind out.
- Lightweight, increasing the carrying and packing efficiency.
- Spacious when compared to other beach canopies on the market.
- Works well for single-day use in mild conditions.
- Contains various interior loops for hanging small items and drying your clothes.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not tall enough to accommodate users over 6′ tall, reducing the overall functionality.
- If you don’t secure the shelter, it can blow around and get noisy with extreme wind.
- You have to purchase the side wall separately, reducing the cost-friendliness and protection.
- The webbing connection frame is easy to trip on, meaning people can unintentionally harm the shelter or kids can trip on the frame.
- The poles can be tedious to use if you do not have enough space for set up, like if you are using them on a crowded beach.
- Does not provide ample shade for how big the shelter is, reducing the sun protection.
- Despite blocking wind, it might not do the job in strong gusts of wind over a long period of time.
The Big Agnes Three Forks Shelter is a lightweight, packable, and durable option that is specifically-suited for beach days and short weekend excursions. With an easy to set up construction, this shelter can accommodate a few people who want to get away from the elements. We recommend trying this shelter before purchasing it, as it might not provide enough shade and wind protection for tougher conditions.