We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Lake CX402 Cycling Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 12
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The upper leather is very soft and supple for comfort against your foot.
- The tongue has enough padding to prevent any uncomfortable pressure points.
- The wider toe box is comfortable for endurance rides.
- Provides great power transfer while pushing on uphill routes.
- You can gain a snug and secure fit that is personalized to your unique foot shape.
- Very stiff for constant support on long rides.
- Uses a BOA dial to get a locked-in feel while on the bike.
- Stylish for use on and off the bike.
- Durable for long-term use.
- The custom mold forms to your foot shape for all-day comfort and stability.
- The material is supple for all-day comfort on the bike.
- The upper area combines ventilation and durability for use in tough terrain.
- The construction and materials are high-quality for multi-season use.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Heavier than other cycling shoes, making it not the best option for endurance rides.
- The Carbon Fiber sole requires you to hold it in the oven to fit your foot, which creates a snug fit, but can take some time.
- Less adjustable than other options, meaning you might not be able to find a personalized fit.
- The leather can fold and reduce the style and aesthetic look.
- The BOA dials are one-way only and do not allow for any micro-adjustments to loosen the shoes.
- At the high-end of the price spectrum when compared to other choices.
The Lake CX402 Cycling Shoe for men is an adjustable, comfortable, and high-quality option that lets you mold the shoe to your exact foot shape. Despite not being able to micro-adjust the BOA dials to loosen the fit, cyclists will benefit from the soft leather, durable material, and heat-molded construction.