We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Pearl Izumi P.R.O. Barrier Lite Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 81 (out of 100)
User Rating: 3.8 stars
Expert Rating: 4.5 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 58
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Packs down easily to fit into a small backpack.
- The fit is perfect for moving around comfortably on the bike without being too loose or baggy.
- Protects you from light precipitation and wind.
- Lightweight for easy layering or use as a stand-alone layer in mild conditions.
- Offers weather protection against light wind and rain.
- Contains high-vis features to aid in safety while riding in dim conditions.
- The double zipper helps with venting and increased breathability.
- The elasticated cuffs keep the sleeves in place during use.
- Fits into a single pocket when not in use, aiding in the packability.
- The cut is slim and stylish without impeding range of motion.
- Packable for transporting in small backpacks.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The zipper is a bit flimsy and can lack durability for long-term use.
- Not the best stand-alone layer for cold-weather riding.
- Not the most breathable for long-duration intense exercise.
- At the high-end of the price spectrum when compared to other choices.
- You might want to size-up if you want a more relaxed fit.
The Pearl Izumi P.R.O. Barrier Lite Jacket for men is a lightweight, packable, and versatile option that provides slight weather protection in various conditions. For those who want a lightweight layer, this jacket provides a stylish fit, ventilation, and safety while riding in low-lit conditions.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.