We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Troy Lee Designs Ruckus Short Shell – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 52
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Fit is perfect and feels good while riding.
- Very comfortable with or without the liner for added functionality.
- Flattering to wear on and off the bike for versatility.
- Supportive in the right areas for added functionality.
- Features waist adjustment for customization of fit.
- The zipper and snaps let you easily change and adjust the size for personalization and finding the correct fit for you.
- The extra length increases protection without restricting motion.
- Knee-pad compatibility lets you increase safety while riding.
- Stylish and sleek look for both on and off the bike.
- Comfortable due to the soft material and non-restrictive fit.
- Decent airflow to keep some breathability in warmer weather.
- The fit is nice since there isn’t too much bagginess in certain areas.
- Features three pockets for ample storage space for gear.
- The seams are constructed well and don’t show signs of abrasion or wear and tear after prolonged use.
- Includes a rear stretch panel to increase mobility while riding.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of running a little tight based on the size.
- A little heavy for prolonged rides in the saddle.
- Since these shorts are burly and heavy-duty, they aren’t the best choice for warm days in the saddle.
- Doesn’t come with the chamois liner, which makes the shorts more expensive if you purchase them separately.
The Troy Lee Designs Ruckus Short Shell for men is a durable, heavy-duty, and comfortable short shell that provides protection and comfort while riding. Despite being too heavy for long days in the saddle, these shorts still remain breathable for warm days while riding. The burly material, comfortable material, and forgiving fit provide a non-restrictive and functional short shell for all levels of riders.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.