We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Scarpa Crux Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 83 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.4 stars
Expert Rating: 3.7 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 214
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very durable for long-term use.
- Lightweight for easy packing or wearing on long hikes.
- The outer material is durable and abrasion-resistant for long-term durability.
- Works well for those needing an approach shoe that can work for slightly-technical routes.
- These shoes provide a comfortable and confidence-inspiring smearing on flat walls.
- The Vibram sole is very sticky for grip on multiple surfaces.
- The lacing system helps with a snug and customizable fit.
- Supportive for use on uneven and unstable terrain.
- The rubber is very sticky for grip on various surfaces.
- Durable for long-lasting use over many seasons.
- Comfortable for a mixture of hiking and climbing during the same day.
- Works well for slab climbing due to the grippy rubber.
- Can be resoled for use over multiple years.
- Versatile for proficient use on multiple climbing routes.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the best option for edging due to the lack of support.
- The material is not very breathable, so it might not be the best option for hot-weather climbing.
- Not the lightest option on the market, meaning it is not the ideal choice for very-long approaches.
- Not waterproof, so might not be the best option for wearing during prolonged precipitation.
The Scarpa Crux Shoe for men is a versatile, comfortable, and grippy shoe that works well in a variety of climbing situations. With all-day comfort for both hiking and walking, this approach shoe is a good choice for those who want a reliable and durable option.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3.