We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Tenquille Softshell Hooded Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 23
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very versatile for use during a variety of activities.
- Features a DWR coating for protection against light precipitation.
- Packable to bring on long-distance trips and treks due to its lightweight construction and small size.
- Breathable for use during intense outdoor exercise to avoid overheating.
- Works well for everyday use due to its functionality and classic style.
- Weather resistant to protect against light precipitation and wind.
- Features stretchy underarm panels that are highly conducive to running and climbing due to the extra mobility.
- Contains hip-belt accessible pockets for added functionality and storage.
- Features a zipper flap to aid in the wind resistance and prevent cold drafts from getting inside.
- Sheds moisture well to prevent overheating and perspiration during exercise.
- DWR-treated to add extra protection against light precipitation.
- Very stretchy and comfortable for use during all-day activities.
- The lighter weight and pack size make this a good option for bringing on long-distance hikes.
- Lightweight for easy layering during cold days in the winter.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The hood might be too small to wear with a lightweight winter hat, limiting the layering functionality.
- The cuffs are not adjustable to accommodate bulky layers underneath, limiting the weather protection and functionality.
- Although this jacket provides weather resistance, it is not 100% waterproof to withstand consistent rain and wind.
- At the high end of the price range when compared to other similar pieces.
- Does not contain any hood drawstrings for added adjustability to cinch during cold and windy days.
The Arc’teryx Tenquille Softshell Hooded Jacket for men is a breathable, lightweight, and versatile option that is both stylish and functional for a variety of activities and situations. With a DWR coating, stretchy material, and lighter weight, this jacket is a great choice for layering during very cold conditions and wearing as a stand-alone layer in the shoulder seasons.