We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Alpine Start Hooded Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 89 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.6 stars
Expert Rating: 4 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 38
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Wind and water-resistant to keep you warm during cold weather.
- The hood adds extra protection during rainy and windy days on the mountain.
- Packs into its own pocket to help you save space in your pack.
- Lightweight for the added weather protection that it provides during light rain and wind, working well as a top layer in mild conditions.
- Works well for regulating your temperature during outdoor exercise to prevent overheating or getting too cold.
- The front chest pocket is big enough to hold most small electronic items while you are on-the-go.
- Very flexible to use during outdoor activities.
- The hood is helmet-compatible for use during snowboarding or skiing.
- The underarm panels provide breathability and a full range of motion during outdoor climbing.
- The thick storm flap ads extra wind and rain protection to keep you warm during cold months.
- Combines breathability and wind protection into one jacket for use during all types of outdoor activities.
- The cuffs are adjustable and comfortable to seal in the heat during cold days.
- The fit completely covers the torso, keeping you warm during inclement weather.
- The fit is stylish and flattering, providing a sleek look on or off the mountain.
- Adds water-resistance to help keep you dry during light precipitation.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Does not contain any side pockets for convenient storage during outdoor excursions.
- Gets wet very easily, which might not make this the best choice for multi-day excursions.
- The thicker fabric is heavier and might be too bulky for layering or packing for long-distance trips.
- More expensive than other jackets on the market.
The Black Diamond Alpine Start Hooded Jacket for women is a lightweight, durable, and breathable option that works well for a variety of outdoor activities. With extra water and wind resistance, this hooded jacket combines protection and breathability into one layer for those who are looking for a one-size-fits-all jacket all year round.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.