We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Hestra Heli Mitten – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 103
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Well made and durable.
- Comfortable and warm.
- Reportedly keeps hands warm in alpine conditions when wearing liner, down to 0 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Removable liner for a variety of climates.
- Waterproof in colder climates, but palm can wet-out when saturated with water.
- Cuff fits well over a jacket to seal in warmth.
- Straps combine with wrist seal to protect from snow.
- Outer and inner layers separate easily to adjust to outside temperature.
- Buckle at the wrist for adjustability.
- Removable fleece liner for insulation provides a balance of dexterity and warmth.
- Leather palm and a nylon shell increase durability.
- Palm-side cinch strap increases mobility.
- Thumb-side goggle wipe.
- Velcro attaches to inside of shell to keep in place.
- Waterproof and breathable Hestra Triton polymide fabric.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the best in terms of dexterity.
- Some people may find the glove fits too wide, letting warmth escape.
- Leather needs to be re-conditioned frequently, especially when wearing in warmer climates.
- In warmer storms, the palm has a tendency to wet-out.
The Hestra Heli Mitten for men is an ideal choice for cold-climate outdoor activities, featuring two layers, a removable liner, durable nylon, breathable fabric, flexible features, and comfortable material. This mitten can withstand wear-and-tear and will keep hands warm during outdoor sports in cold climates but may suffer wetting-out issues in warmer temps.