We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Hestra Army Leather GTX 3-Finger Mitten – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 58
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Inside is cozy and soft.
- Leather is supple and durable, allowing for movement and long-lasting potential.
- Hands stay dry due to the Gore-Tex liner preventing water from entering.
- Finger dividers inside the main section for dexterity.
- Crab claw gives you dexterity to do basic functions with the mitten on while still providing more warmth than traditional gloves.
- Breaks-in nicely and doesn’t take long.
- Removable glove fleece-liner for easy washing and drying.
- One of the warmest overall options.
- Separate index fingers allow dexterity and fine-movement.
- The nylon packing allows for a hard and durable exterior.
- One of the toughest gloves.
- Fleece liner is warmer and longer-lasting than PrimaLoft material.
- Removable keeper leashes so you don’t have to use them if you don’t want to.
- Wrist side-straps aid in locking the mitt and securing a snug fit.
- Cinch aids in keeping snow out and ensuring warmth.
- Snow lock with a Velcro closure to keep debris and snow out of the mitten.
- Combines warmth, durability, and dexterity into one versatile product.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some durability questions when handling skis while wearing the mittens.
- The part inside the mitt that separates the fingers for dexterity also dissipates the warmth generated.
- Fairly water-resistant, but not fully waterproof membrane in reality.
The Hestra Army Leather GTX 3-Finger Mitten for men is a durable, warm, and dexterous mitten that is suitable for skiers and snowboarders on the slopes. The few questions about durability are overridden by multiple users. The numerous reports of dexterity, comfort, and water-resistance makes this a high quality choice.