We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Thule AeroBlade Load Bar Pair and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 79 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4 stars
Expert Rating: 3.8 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 373
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Looks stylish and doesn’t require a sound shield.
- Stable on the car.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- When using the Rapid Crossroad railing foot, it is easy to remove the racks.
- Built-in measuring guide for fitting the loading bars to your car.
- Features twistable end caps for easy adjustability.
- Aerodynamic rubber strip on the top and bottom of the bars for security.
- Available in 4 lengths for adjustability.
- Can withstand over 800 pounds of force.
- The wind diffusers are created to prevent too much wind noise.
- The cap does not need to be removed to add accessories, but just twisted open, increasing efficiency.
- The SmartSlider aids in making foot placement easier.
- The rubber pads help to lift the feet to the correct height, combined with the plastic-coated metal brackets clinging to the roof, enhancing the durability of the paint.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The directions can be quite confusing to understand and complicate the set-up process.
- Reports of whistling when using the rack during driving.
- Must make sure the accessories purchased with the Aeroblades are compatible.
- The bars may prevent the sunroof from opening fully.
- The system doesn’t come with all the necessary parts, and you must buy the correct Fit Kit for your own vehicle.
- Reports of the bars whistling at 50mph.
The Thule AeroBlade Load Bar Pair is a good choice for those needing a durable, efficient, and adjustable bar pair for their vehicle. The conflicting reports of whistling while using the bars may deter some, but if you only care about functionality, this could be a good option.