We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Powslayer Bib Pant – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 31
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Performs well in tough and wet conditions, providing durability and weather protection.
- The straps help keep the bibs up at the waist and provide comfort.
- Zippers are durable and keep a watertight seal.
- The high back keeps precipitation out and protects.
- Baggy enough to wear multiple layers underneath.
- Color is stylish and subtle to match with mostly everything.
- The Gore-Tex material is very breathable.
- Material provides great wind protection and water protection.
- Lightweight for long days on the snow.
- Can be worn casually with the belt up and the strap down for functionality.
- Ample pocket storage for convenience.
- Able to ski for multiple seasons without any sign of wear-and-tear.
- Very comfortable and functional for those who have more athletic builds.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- A bit baggier and bigger than other Patagonia products, sp you might have to size down.
- Some issues with the Gore-Tex material leaking and letting water through.
- No insulation provided, so might not give enough warmth in certain conditions.
- Some would like to be able to fully remove the straps for extra versatility.
- Zippers aren’t full length, but they at least go down to the knee-length for ventilation.
- The bib might be too much for those who don’t need a backcountry-specific design.
The Patagonia Powslayer Bib Pant for women is a breathable, protective, and lightweight option that is designed for backcountry use. The ample storage space, versatility, and functionality provide a high-quality option. Despite not being able to fully remove the straps and being expensive, for those who need a bib pant that can resist wear-and-tear and provide ample protection, this is a great bet.