We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Outdoor Research Hemispheres Bib Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 84 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.3 stars
Expert Rating: 3.9 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 113
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides plenty of stretch for a full range of motion while skiing or snowboarding.
- The inner material is very comfortable against your skin, preventing any rubbing during all-day use.
- The scuff guards wrap around the bottom of the cuff, helping the durability of these pants.
- Lightweight for articulation and easy layering during colder days.
- Waterproof and windproof for complete weather protection.
- The vents on the sides and legs help for breathability during ski touring.
- The 3-layer Gore-Tex protection keeps you warm and dry during prolonged rain or snow.
- The waist, rear belt line, and inner thighs have material designed for a full range of motion during outdoor exercise.
- The zippers are water-resistant to prevent premature breakdown and increase efficiency during inclement weather.
- Comfortable for a full day on the slopes without any rubbing or chaffing.
- Breathable for use during intense exercise or during warmer days on the mountain.
- The fully taped seams prevent any moisture from getting through and leaving the user with wet legs.
- The kangaroo pocket is a perfect fit for a beacon during backcountry expeditions.
- The internal gaiters help keep snow out while waking in deep powder.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the boot cuff lacking durability and ripping after minimal use for some customers.
- Some reports of the bibs having an awkward fit for some body types, so you may need to try-on before purchasing.
- Some reports of the pockets and the bottoms of the pants getting holes after minimal use, showing a lack of durability for multiple seasons of use.
- Some users wish there were more than three pockets to hold bigger electronic items, like a phone and GPS device.
- The fit can be a bit boxy for some body types, which may result in an unflattering look.
- Very expensive when compared to other bib pants on the market.
- The scuff guards are a bit narrow, meaning they can get caught on the ski/walk lever of the boot during use, reducing the functionality.
The Outdoor Research Hemispheres Bib Pant for men is a weatherproof, breathable, and articulated option that works well for keeping you warm and comfortable during a full day on the mountain. Once you find the correct fit, this bib pant will provide a full range of motion for alpine activities like skiing, snowboarding, touring, and snowshoeing.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3.