We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Shimano PD-A600 Premium SPD Pedal and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 248
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides a comfortable platform for all-day use.
- Reliable for consistent use over multiple seasons.
- The float is smooth for a comfortable and performance-oriented product.
- The clip-in mechanism is fully adjustable for increased personalization.
- The pedals are serviceable for long-lasting use.
- Light enough when compared to other options on the market.
- The wider platforms allow for increased stability.
- The shape and construction of the platforms helps alleviate any joint pain during long rides.
- The wide platforms help with ample power transfer in all conditions.
- Lightweight when compared to other pedals on the market.
- Features a good range of adjustment for personalization.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the easiest or fastest when clipping in, leading to a reduced user efficiency.
- The float is not quite as good as using road pedals, so might not be the best choice for racing.
- The painted aluminum surface can wear down over time, showing a lack of durability.
- This single-side design is not extremely stable while you try to stand on it during pedaling, reducing versatility.
The Shimano PD-A600 Premium SPD Pedal is a durable, lightweight, and versatile option that works well for those who need all-day comfort. Once you get used to the clip-in mechanism, this pedal can work well for those who want a reliable and stable pedal.