We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Yakima Sidewinder Tandem Bike Mount and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 46
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Versatile to use with a wide range of vehicles.
- The swing arm makes loading the mount easy and simple.
- Easy to get on and off quickly for added user-friendliness.
- The locking fork mount adds extra safety and security for holding your bikes while driving.
- Once you get used to the mount, one person is able to load and unload bikes with ease.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The adjustment strap between the bars and seat post might be too short to fully tighten during use.
- Features only one adjustment point, leading to a lack of compatibility with numerous bikes.
- The wheel strap receptacles are not very durable compared to other mounts on the market.
- The front swing arm could possibly hit an overhang, causing long-term damage and showing a lack of durability.
The Yakima Sidewinder Tandem Bike Mount is an easy-to-use, secure, and functional option that works well for carrying a tandem bike on your vehicle. However, this bike mount lacks adjustment points, durability, and security, which makes this an unsafe choice for carrying a tandem bike over long distances.